Treasure Hunt...

(inspiration for my new chairs!)

On Mother's Day weekend I headed to Bangor with some of the women in my family for our annual shopping trip together. It is always a weekend of good (and too much!) food, laughs, and fun. It is also the time when I try to pick up some spring/summer clothes, just in case I will ever need them.

 
(Mum and me)

(my sister-in-law, Denise, and I after a breakfast of champions)

 I love the affordability and feminine fashions found at New York and Company in the Bangor Mall (and online). The deals there were amazing and I came out with a bag full of spring clothes for just over $150. You can't beat that! While there, I found the best white jeans ever...perfection! I wish there had been other colors:


And some pretty new tops:



I also bought new lights for my hallway from Lowe's. They have pretty, pale grey linen-look shades:
And for my front porch: outdoor retro-inspired metal chairs, also from Lowe's:
  
I wish we had room in the van for the matching garden glider:
Now, if only the weather would warm up so I could paint the floor of my front porch, assemble the chairs, and plant some flowers in my porch planters. We NEED the warmth of the sun...any amount of it! I am itching to start a house-related project, if only I could decide upon one. It seems I am a bag full of lazy bones when it comes to getting motivated this spring. To be perfectly truthful, I just want to fast-forward to a hot day in July with kids cannon-balling around me into the pool as I keep one eye on them and the other on a great summer novel. 

So, any suggestions for a great summer book?

0 comments:

Post a Comment