The sun only shines on T.V...


After days and days and days and days of rainy, muggy, foggy weather - mixed in with damp cold and weather forecasters who downright lie to get your hopes up - I am bringing sunshine into my days all by myself.

"Me and my bad/frizzy hair" seek out anything that reminds us of summer. Because a big pffft to spring, we all know that isn't coming.

So, I have been donning yellow clothing, smearing on fake tanning products (orange beats white), and wearing shoes that leave my toes cold, all in the hopes that by sporting a positive attitude, I will bring. it. on.

I picked out this pretty dress from The Shabby Apple, which I wore for my story in the new issue of Summer with Matthew Mead. 

Although I also added a cardigan over top of it, it made me think summer as I smiled and posed and resisted the temptation of the beautiful food Matthew prepared for the feature.

Do you want to see a sneak peek of it?
Because it is gorgeous and centers around a summer tradition that I embrace each year with my kids.


I wasn't kidding about gorgeous, right? and that little girl? Well, she looks a lot like my little Sophie did when she was younger:

Funny, huh?
You will have to wait and see the magazine for yourself to know which tradition I am talking about.

By the way, have you ordered yours yet? 
Because if you have (or haven't) you will be thrilled to know that Matthew is tucking a golden ticket inside ten of the magazines that are ordered before noon on May 6th! 

And what will those golden tickets be redeemable for?  
Well, go here to find out!

A hint though: one is worth $1000 of goodness!!!
Which, if you are like me, will make you feel all warm and sunny inside.

Because lately, the sun really does only shine on T.V:

0 comments:

Post a Comment