Weekend Love: Take the Curtains Down!

How is it June already? I was still figuring out how to decorate for spring, and now suddenly it's summer! I'm loving the longer days. Except for the fact that the sun wakes up the baby at 6am instead of 7am. But in general the extra light is something to love.
Speaking of light, yesterday I was chatting about my house's lack of windows with a neighbor. (Our homes were built in the 1940's, before the time double paned argon windows, so the builders wisely used them sparingly.) We were in my living room, and she pointed to the bay window and said "I always forget that you have that." 
How could this window be forgotten? It takes up half the room. Suddenly, I realized the problem was the curtains. They left by the previous owner and were "good enough," so I had left them.
I just took them down, right then and there.
Much more cheerful, isn't it? I may eventually add some bamboo blinds for privacy when we need it, but for now, I like it a lot. Those curtains were really blocking a lot of the precious little light that was making it into the room.
This is the new view from my desk. I'm really enjoying it! And to think all these years I was wasting these windows.

Of course now I have a new project in mind. I saw this collection of window seats on the Inspired Room. Swoon!
I would love to put in a window seat, add some wainscoting around the room, and then paint it all a slightly lighter green...oh my! But alas, I really need to finish the playroom first. But now I've identified my next house project!

What about you? Do you ever get ahead of yourself like I'm doing? Or are you more methodical, taking it one project at a time? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment