Summer Tortellini Salad

It's time for another 20-minute Tuesday! Today I'll be sharing a quick recipe with you that is easy to make but full of flavor. My kids eat it too!
 
I made this salad as a quick side dish for a recent meal of pulled pork sandwiches. I was out of traditional pasta salad ingredients, so I improvised.  It took only a few minutes to make, and using the corn and the peas right out of the freezer chilled the whole dish, allowing me to serve it "chilled" right away. 

Ingredients:
1 16oz bag frozen cheese tortellini
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
2T pesto
1T olive oil

1 16oz can stewed tomatoes

Directions:
Boil tortellini according to package directions (about 2-3 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water.
 In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir. Add tortellini. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.


Enjoy!

Linking up to these great parties:

>Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

0 comments:

Post a Comment