Playroom Progress

I know the updates have gotten a little light lately, but I *do* promise that I've been working on the playroom/guestroom project! 
yikes
Need more proof? Check out this mess!
Nope, no tornadoes in our part of the country, just my junk from inside the dresser.
I'm kind of at the place in the project when I should be really encouraged that I've done so much. But, all I see is that there is so much left to do. However, lucky for me, I have a houseguest coming on Monday night. So I'm working double time to get it all together! 

My three year old son complains that I'm taking so long to make his playroom. It's true, I have taken longer than I thought it would. Never mind that he and his brother are big reasons it's going so slowly! :) They are such joys, but they are messy little cuties that take lots of time to care for! But I wouldn't have it any other way.
Mush: It's what's for dinner.
For anyone keeping score, here's what I've done and spent on the project so far. (The numbers vary a little from what I've posted before--I've made some returns, and generally listed things in different groups this time. I'm trying to be accurate as I go!)

1. Painted the walls and trim ($58)
2. Built a shelf to hide the built-in AC unit ($12)
3. Added a curtain and decor to the shelf  ($22.75)
4. Painted, padded, and upholstered the coffee table.($25)
5. Created nautical monograms and seashell art for a future gallery wall. ($5 and $1.75)
6. Sewed three new pillows for the couch.($8.50)
7. Sewed new curtains and hung new rods. ($54)
8. Spraypainted a thrift store mirror. ($5)
9. Replaced the bug-eyed ceiling fan with a sleek white one ($8)
8. Anchored the bookshelf to the wall for anti-tip child safety brackets.($5)

Total spent: $205. Over budget much? Hmmm...

Here's what  is left to do:
1. Paint, stain, and clearcoat a dresser (No extra expense! Woot!)
2. Replace and decorate the lampshade on the evil tabelamp.(~$20?)
3. Possibly purchase a new area rug. ($30)
4. Finish collecting items for the gallery wall and hang it up. (?)
5. Possibly buy a new slipcover for the couch.($53--but I think I'm too over budget for this right now.)
6. Pick a color for the door and paint it. (~$20?)
5. Add little finishing touches. (As cheap as possible!!!)

I'm probably dreaming if I think I will get that done by Monday, but it's worth a shot, right? On second though, I think I'll be happy if I finish the dresser and start working on the tablelamp:
It taunts me.
Maybe I can throw a sheet over it? LOL.Perhaps a more mod shade, one that is more cylindrical, sleekly trimmed with navy blue ribbon? That's all I've got. Seriously, any ideas here? I'd love any input!


0 comments:

Post a Comment