Quick Seashell Display Frame

Beachy things go hand and hand with summer. Seashells are a big part of that. The other day I found some cute little basket of seashells at Dollar Tree, but displaying them was a challenge. My playroom shelf is full enough. The living room mantle needs a summer overhaul, but the scale of these small shells wouldn't work there. So, I decided to frame them.
I've had this yard sale frame for a while. I admit that the picture attracted me, since I've been thinking about nautical stuff for the playroom. However, I decided it was a little too cheesy even for my taste. But, I liked the frame and for 50 cents it was a bargain!
So I took it apart and put the picture aside...
...cut some cute vintage map scrapbook paper with my cutter, and re-framed it, this time minus the glass...
...and then hot-glued the shells right onto the paper. It looks to me like one of those butterfly display cases, except for, well, the fact that it's shells. :)
It's also 3D. My 3 year old son thinks it is great fun, and keeps petting the shells.  He wants me to glue on some "more" but it is complete.  I plan to make it part of a gallery wall in the playroom. It will stay up at least through the summer. Stay tuned for a gallery wall post! It's coming together!
Linking to:
504 MainJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap  up           party!Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

0 comments:

Post a Comment