Master Bedroom Makeover: Curtains and Rods and Ring Clips, Oh My!

While shopping for my duvet, I fell in love with the Pottery Barn cast iron curtain rods.  I needed two rods, and the one over the bed had to span at least 120".  I love the look and durability of something so well-made, but there was no way I could get that into my budget. and frankly, that's not where I would want to splurge anyway. Tar-jay to the rescue! $17.99 for a 120" plastic rod and $9.99 for 48" rod. So, $27 for both of them. I hung them high and wide to make the windows look bigger. The window shown here is also about 6 inches off-center, so I fudged a little to correct for that as well.
This was my first time using ring clips and I am addicted to them now! I love being able to open and shut the windows.  They're only $4.99 per bag. And, in case you ever try to really skimp like I did, FYI you really do need one bag of seven per panel. I tried to get away with buying just 3 bags for my four panels and it just didn't look right. It was worth a try, though. So, $20 for the ring clips.
I slipped the ring on the end of each panel just beyond the mounting bracket, to keep them from sliding all the way over.
The curtain panels are also Tar-jay. They're the Eclipse blackout energy saving curtains. They really do work and I recommend them! Even the ivory color blocks out a lot of light. I bet the dark colors do even better.  It's amazing how dark the room gets when we shut the curtains.  They come in two lengths and lucky me--each of them worked exactly right for my rod height and I didn't need to hem! Only $12.99 each. So, $56 for curtain panels. Deep sleep in a dark room, priceless.
 

So for a recap, here are our curtains before:
Ugh.
 And after:
Ahh!

So, how am I doing with my $555 budget?

Let's look at the totals:
Total budget: $555
Total spent: $387
Total left in budget: $168

I know I'm not being good about including tax in all of this, but I think I'm doing OK! 'll wrap up all of the odds and ends in my next master bedroom post!

Linking to:

0 comments:

Post a Comment