Shades of Easter...


Who doesn't love the beautiful shades of Easter? From soft pastels in blues and pink to more vibrant shades of yellows and purples...and the grass green that signifies spring is truly here... the return of colour fairly shouts its arrival after a season of cold and white.

Sophie and I decorated eggs with friends today and it was so nice to throw open the windows and let in the warm, spring air while we dipped our eggs into pots of colour.

The little girls squirmed as they emptied the eggs of their yolks..."Ewww...so gross!!" 


In the afternoon, I cleared out my closet of most of my winter clothes. The sorry pile of sweaters and pants looked like an Ode to Black, and I vowed to make a few purchases next year that have a bit more colour.

I dug the children's Easter baskets out and lined them with pretty paper grass in preparation for some good Cadbury chocolate and fun spring trinkets. I treated myself to some spring flowers for my table and snuck a few little chocolate eggs, just to be sure they are as delicious as they look...

I hope everyone has wonderful weekend and I wish you and your families a wonderful Easter!

***************************************
(looking for Easter basket ideas?)
 Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment