A Kindred (Kitchen) Spirit...

I love a pretty kitchen. I have never felt the need to have a sleek, grand kitchen. I guess I feel that being comfortable and relaxed in a room that I spend a whole lot of time in is more important than feeling elegant while cooking or zen-like. Give me some open shelving, great colour, a comfy place to sit and a generous dose of pretty and I am in my element.

Victoria, of Whimsy by Victoria and I share a love of that aesthetic, and the kitchen in her new home is so lovely I could just knock on the door, enter in and feel at home. Pretty lighting, fabrics and fresh interpretations on old classics have led to a wonderful make-over of a previously tired and uninspired space.

Here is the before of her kitchen:

And now, with Victoria's warm touches:


The island her husband made for her:


To see more of Victoria's decorative touches, check out her blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment