Please Knock before Entering...


Well, here is my latest labour of love from the handyman...where all the "magic" happens, I like to joke! As you can see, I have been pretty quiet over here, but that's not to say the keys aren't tapping! Seems it can be difficult to come up with topics of interest when I rarely leave my new perch, and with the adjectives flying, I fear they will be in short supply for my first baby.

Okay.

This was a cost-effective solution to creating a fancy-pants work space from which to write. Indeed, I remain open to passers-by and pretend to tune out those who ask where their socks are when I am trying to write "in peace!" Using some left-over wood (and about $100 of new wood, I'm told), my husband braved the clutter of our garage and made me this little desk. You may recall I was having difficulty deciding upon a colour. Well, practicality reigned, and I decided to use the unopened can of paint that was hiding in my utility closet. It is a happy shade, and the price made the handyman even happier. I even found the pulls left-over from when we built our house so that was a savings, too. I will now be able to be more organized and keep all of my new writing projects straight.

(And I will fill you in on them just as soon as I'm allowed to...)


I searched high and low for a yellow chair or a stylish one I could paint yellow, but no luck. My dream chair would be an Eames chair, but for some reason they seem hard to come by in my tiny town. Go figure!
So, I picked up this white leather chair and although it is not my first choice, it is a very comfortable place to sit while working. Kind of like the sensible shoes option...not stand-out, but serviceable all the same.
I do have some fun fabric I might upholster it in (without damaging it!) just for a change/the summer, but we will see.

It seems I either decorate or write about decorating.

I never was good at chewing gum and skipping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment