Junk Inspired Jewellry...

One of the things that struck me most about the vendors at the Junk Bonanza in September was their funky jewellry and cool, fun style. Everywhere I turned, junkers everywhere were selling (and wearing) interesting junk-inspired necklaces, bracelets and earrings.


Before I headed to Minneapolis, I asked Beki, from Pampering Beki, to handcraft me a personalized necklace so I could fit in with everyone else I'd be meeting. Beki makes beautiful hand-stamped pieces and I asked her to stamp the name of my children for a new necklace. Beki delivered...and more: she attached a silver pendant with the word Flea Marketer stamped into it. Completed with the addition of a freshwater pearl (not shown in this photo), I now have what all the other "cool girls" are wearing. Here is a photo of my purchase:


Thank you Beki! If anyone else wants one of Beki's originals, check out her Etsy shop here. Take a moment to read more about Beki and her business: 

Beki H. began making custom, handmade jewelry in 2003. Since that time, her products have been featured in various parenting magazines, Pediped shoe advertisements, Law and Order Criminal Intent, and are sold in local upscale boutiques and internationally.



Her designs feature the best of timeless elegance and trendy looks, with the end result being quality jewelry that will look as new and fresh years from now as it does today. Each piece is made on with the finest components, including sterling silver, natural gemstones, Swarovski crystals, and vintage materials.



Beki employs a lot of natural stones in her designs. The use of such stones gives each piece a totally unique look, as nature never repeats itself. Thus, each piece with natural stones is truly one of a kind.



Beki lives in Kansas with her husband, and her three children, a daughter, aged 8, and two sons ages 6 and 1. A former flight attendant, Beki is truly enjoying being home with her children. Making beautiful jewelry is, she says, the best way for her to remain home with her family and still have a creative outlet.

---------------------------------------
My guarantee: Although I use the finest products, I realize accidents happen. If your item ever breaks for any reason, please send it back to me and I'll fix it at no charge to you. My pieces are made to be worn time and time again.
~PamperingBeki™

***************************
Of course, I also bought some other fun pieces at the Bonanza. Try as I might, I  could not manage to get a close-up shot that wasn't totally fuzzy of this necklace:



It shows an image of a group of ladies from times gone by, and is titled, Wholesome, which is a poke at myself, and makes me chuckle each time I wear it. Ialso bought a letter L typewriter key that were all the rage at the Bonanza to add some personal flair.

I also picked up this beauty there:


As you can see, it is a weathered hinge with a vintage brooch attached. I just love the colours! I also picked up some adornments for my purses. I figured I needed to trick out my purses so I'd fit in with the others.




When in Rome...


0 comments:

Post a Comment