Lost and Found...

I can`t believe how long it`s been since I`ve written on this little ol` blog!


I guess I can blame it on all of the writing I have done to finish up my stories for Holiday. I honestly didn't have any more words to share. I am proud of what I have accomplished and have learned so much. Because we are a small team, we have all pitched in to copy edit, proof-read, voice our opinions on backgrounds for the front-of-book stuff, and more. I think I have frozen shoulder after all of that typing but it was for a worthy (and beautiful) cause. I cannot wait until you all see the magazine! And if you haven`t ordered a copy, be sure to head here to reserve yours!


Still, I missed chronicling the goings-on in my life and am itching to get going on some decorating projects of my own. Strangely enough, I am thinking ahead to Christmas and how I want to decorate, gifts I`d like to make, and my annual crafting session with my mum and Sophie (handmade snow globes are on the agenda). You would think I would be sick of even thinking about Christmas, but strangely, the opposite occurred!

Tonight I made beef stew and crusty French bread for dinner, and that - combined with the nip in the air - made me feel like I have my groove back. No more humid heat (I hope), I can look through my cookbooks and experiment with new recipes (my goal is to add three new dishes to our dinner repertoire), and I plan to root through my rubbermaids and bring up some fall decor.  Because even though I have been transported to Christmas land via my work, it is not Christmas. And fall is here and meant to be enjoyed.


We Canadians celebrate our Thanksgiving this Sunday and I feel like I have a lot to be grateful for.
The most important "things" in my life will be sitting around our table, and I am happy to be able to fill their bellies and make them happy. We will head to a nearby ski hill and ride the ski lift, admiring the fall colors. At the top, we will hike back down - an outing that I have been wanting to go on for years. Our Thanksgiving is much simpler and uneventful than those of you who celebrate the American Thanksgiving in November. We eat, we visit, and some of us take a jaunt to a pumpkin field to buy a few for Halloween. There is no Black Friday, no shopping, and no trees set up and decorated as soon as the dishes are cleared.


And for me, stepping away from Christmas and back into fall sounds just about perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment