Sundae, Sunday...


 
One of my favourite things about maintaining this blog is that it reminds me to create something special from the ordinary. Like putting your best face forward. Basically, if I am going to go to the trouble to snap a photo, record my thoughts, time-stamp a moment in our lives, then I should put effort into making those ordinary moments stand out. Because there is enough ordinary in life and sometimes all that is needed is some extra attention to details. And details matter. You can never pay enough attention to the details when they have the power to make life more enjoyable.

Right?

Right!

On the weekend, we put a real dent in our Summer List, which (for the record) has turned out to be a true blessing this summer. It has given us direction and allowed us to do some of the things we have always meant to do, wanted to do, wished to do. On our list are many easy, quick, inexpensive ideas and two of them involved food (we have to eat dinner, right?) so we did double-duty by choosing those ones.



Sundaes.  
Who doesn't love them? A sundae bar was on our to-do list so a pretty set-up made things extra special:
 

Ice cream: we chose plain vanilla and marshmallow fudge crackle with toppings of fresh strawberries, hot fudge, Maltesers, gummy bears, Dove chocolate mint cups, real whipped cream, and Smarties:

But before all of that sweetness, we devoured salted, vinegared golden crispy on the outside-soft and fluffy on the inside homemade french fries, just like my mum used to make. In fact, I hope my mum isn't reading this because the handyman declared them even better than hers! 

Which, of course, secretly pleased me...


Honestly, they do look pretty perfect, don't they?

(Note: no electric deep fryer was used in the making of theses french fries. They are a once/summer treat so I go the old-fashioned route of employing a "chip pan" - which should only be used by the most safety-conscious cook. Not recommended for scatter-brained cooks. Safety first!)

It is fair to say that it was an extra-ordinary day!
With half of the summer remaining, I look forward to many more days just like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment