Live...with Regis, Kelly and Me!

My big brush with celebrities occurred on Tuesday on Prince Edward Island where Regis and Kelly were on location filming their show. My amazing and generous brother-in-law, an important fellow at CTV in Toronto scored us tickets and I naturally took my celebrity seeking mum and gave the extra tickets to two friends who brought along their sisters. It was, in a word, a BLAST! Well-organized, exciting and the perfect way to spend a hot summer's day pretending you have no responsibilities in the real world...escapism at its best!


(Gelman) 

(Regis and Kelly: her dress was by Stella McCartney and it was stunning!)



(my friend, Debbie)

My mum has always wished to see a real live "star" and we joke that it is on her "bucket list." Well, she got her wish:

We saw ELEVEN!!

John Corbett (from Sex and the City and My Bog Fat Greek Wedding), Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna, Elisha Cuthbert (from 24 and who knows what else, but she has a hot hockey player boyfriend who was reportedly there but I missed seeing); Caroline Rhea (a comedian and very funny!); Bo Derek, who whizzed by us on a golf cart with John Corbett, her luvah; Ben Mulroney (he needs to ditch his creepy hair like his dad's) from e-Talk Canada; Regis; Kelly and their "side-kick" Gelman, who was looking kinda fine, I might add...who knew? Oh yeah, I almost forgot: I was thisclose to the lead singer of One Republic, Ryan Tedder, and they performed their hit song, All the Right Moves. It was sa-weet...!
 

And other band members (I won't pretend to know who they are...I'm a lead singer groupie):
 
How did we get so close? Well, because we couldn't bring ourselves to wait in the line-up for the next show (we had tickets),my mum and I acted like groupies and splayed ourselves against a back fence which, to our amazement, was the exact way the crew led the celebrities back to their trailers!

Would you want to get back into this line in blazing heat and humidity:

We didn't either.

In our new spot, the celebrities would drive by us on the golf carts and we would yell their name and I would get a dud photo of the back of them or (worse) a crew member, with my stupid camera like this:
(Kelly is the gorgeous blond with the perfectly tanned back. Her daughter was beside her)
Funny thing was, there were very few people who were clued into this location and we couldn't believe our luck!

Next up on the bucket list, apparently, is white water rafting. No matter that my mother cannot swim. I am so making one of my brothers take her on that adventure!

What's on your bucket list?!

************************************

0 comments:

Post a Comment