B-b-b-Back to School Fun!

Because of the heat wave we are having, we decided to have a back-to-school pool party. The girls had a great time and I kept it really easy. I filled little milk bottles I got at the Christmas Tree Shop with chocolate milk, served hotdogs with a  side of chips and made ice-cream sandwiches using school bus cookies I bought at the grocery store. Little ice-cream cone shaped lip glosses and bubbles made for fun favors (both bought at Micheal's). 


Kids here returned to school today (which I think is stupid, given it is the Friday before Labour Day), and we are preparing for a windy, rainy day on Saturday as we get the tail end of Hurricane Earl. Still raging hot, the kids did cannon balls into the pool the minute they got home. It is so hard to believe summer is "ending", but I am looking forward to the routine so I can focus full days to writing for HOLIDAY. As fall tries to rush in, some of the stores already have their Fall/Halloween stuff on the shelves, yet I can't even look at it.

I am so. not. there!

Now:
A fun back-to-school meal awaits and that rounds out the big events. What do you do to make back-to-school special for your kids?

0 comments:

Post a Comment