Nesting Antiques...in my neck of the woods!


Nesting antiques, located in Great Village, Nova Scotia is my favourite antiquing haunt and I am proud to say it is just 45 minutes or so from my home. I discovered this little gem quite by chance, but I was instantly besotted with the charming way its owner, Rhenore Collins, artfully displays her wares and we soon became friends due to my frequent visits. When I mentioned I'd like to bring an editor friend (Matthew Mead) to check out the shop, I am sure she was thinking I was pulling her leg.

But I just knew Matthew and Jenny would love the shop as much as I do. Sure enough, they swooped in and shot many of Rhenore's beautiful vignettes; and while just a few photos made their way into the pages of Flea Market Style, I wanted to give you a closer look at what makes Nesting Antiques such a must-visit location if you ever visit my beautiful province.

NESTING ANTIQUES


Housed in the Old Feed Store at Great Village.

Address: 8726 Hwy #2 Great Village, NS B0M 1L0

Directions: Take Hwy 104 to exit 10 to Rte 4, 4 kms to Hwy 2. Located on Hwy 2 in Great Village. Map

Your Host(s): Rhenore Collins

Phone: 902-957-1313

Stock: Priimitives, furniture, baskets, hooked rugs ... and much more.

Hours: Friday and Saturday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm; Sunday, 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm.
Terms: Cash

Enjoy the tour!



Rhenore's favourite corner of her shop (and mine!), these shelves feature a rotating collection of objets trouvé:

Theses next photos are Rhenore's special "above the shop" rooms, where she stores her favourite treasures. Only very special visitors get invited up there, and guess what? I am one of those! Indeed, Matthew, Jenny and I sweltered in the oppressive heat this summer to capture some great shots of this wonderful space, while Rhenore lugged cold water up and down the stairs to us.

Rhenore's artist's corner, where she vows to try her hand at painting:
This corner holds a funny memory for me. Matthew, Jenny and I laughed and laughed as they tried to capture a "natural" shot of me for the magazine. :

I am not remotely photogenic, so they took about thirty shots before they settled on this one:

Can you tell Matthew was making me play peek-a-boo to try to make me laugh?

Thanks, Rhenore, for allowing us to photograph your lovely shop on the warmest day of the summer!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment