My BlogSpot...

I'd really like to show it to you, but it is a changeable location depending on my mood. The handyman noticed that one day, and decided I needed a new desk area from which to work. I have several writing projects on the go and truly need a more professional place to work from than my kitchen table or counter. I have even been known to work from the living room sofa, which we all know doesn't spur the most creative thoughts, especially when a good program comes on the television.

Can you say distraction??

The great thing about working from home is that you get to work from home: you can wear slob clothes if you want, drink all the coffee you like, and don't have to go out and scrape off a frozen windshield first thing in the morning.
.
The bad thing about working from home is that you are working from home: you wear slob clothes too often; are faced with all of the family distractions and housework staring at you and pulling you away from your work; the fridge is too nearby; and people feel like it is no big deal to interrupt you at any given time to help them find their keys or make them a sandwich. Still, I know when I have a good thing going on...

While I have had a few decorating clients that I have been focusing on recently, soon I am going to have to focus almost solely on my writing jobs. Soooo, I really need that new desk!!

The handyman has a plan in mind and wants it to be reflective of the style of my kitchen island, since my desk will be situated not too far from it (I can't do the basement office thing anymore, either...it's too depressing).

I have my eye on a fancy new chair for it, with comfort and looks in mind, and now am faced with the big debate:

What colour should I paint my desk??

Any ideas??

The handyman is rooting for black with a wooden top; Sophie thinks it should be pink; and I am inching towards choosing a really sunny, vibrant yellow, just to offset all of the cool shades of blue in here.

(not really a desk, I know)

What do you think? Where on the colour wheel should I head??

0 comments:

Post a Comment