Soup's On and Mush, Mush!

 If you are like me, you are doing what you can to survive the winter. We are going through a stretch of particularly cold weather. To keep warm, the handyman took me out for coffee yesterday, and this is what we saw on our drive over:

Well, I exaggerate, but not by much. Indeed, walking on the side of one of the busiest roads in town was a woman with a pack of sled dogs (five, I think) tied to her waist. And, boy, did they want to pull her! I figure that's what I would need if I decided I wanted to take up running again. A good pull. Or maybe a push?

Anyway, just in case any of you are thinking dog sleds can be seen in any of Canada's town or cities, this was a rare sight, indeed. It was one of those moments I wished I had my camera on hand to capture the actual scene! I am fairly certain she must be lost and yet to realize it is at least another twenty minutes drive to the North Pole from here...

Well, back to the soup. Every Sunday, I cook a roast turkey, chicken, beef or ham and use it later in the week for soup. Soup works very well for the afterschool onslaught of activities that keep the kids (and us) hopping.

The latest offering? Creamy turkey soup, which looks very much like the soup above, except with turkey, of course. Warm, hearty, creamy and full of good things. It is my version of take-out/eating on the run.
It must be why the handyman (aka Canny Scot) keeps me around.

Want the recipes? You can find them here and here.

Stay warm, everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment