It Smells Like Christmas...


Sophie has a Christmas book called The Sweet Smell of Christmas, and it is one of our favourites. It is the (scratch and sniff) story of a little bear and his family and all the wonderful smells associated witht the season that let him know it is coming.



I can relate.

Every Christmas, I treat myself to a Yankee candle (Home Sweet Home scent - very cinnamon-y). It makes me feel like the season has really arrived, and is worth every penny of it's ridiculous $30 price tag (well, not really; but some buy perfume, I buy a couple of candles/year).


Another smell that is familiar to me is the smell of hot chocolate.


Because the minute the holidays near, my kids drink the stuff like it comes from a tap. I can even smell it all around my home by way of the empty mugs left behind and the chocolate-coloured cup marks left behind on those same tables. I am sure they'd consider it aroma therapy; me, not so much.


This past weekend, I replenished the candy cupboard. It is a December tradition to fill the jars in my glass cabinets in the kitchen with goodies like scotch mints, candy canes, peepermint crunch junior mints and candy cane kisses. The scent of peppermint hangs in  the air every time one of my kids opens their mouths.


I am not sure why I started this insanity, but it does give me something to do in the long boring days of January: I can take endless trips to the dentist to pass the time!


Last, but not least, we put up our (real) Christmas tree. Every morning, I walk out into my living room and breathe in the scent that truly lets you know Christmas is near - the unmistakable scent of a Christmas tree.

You just can't bottle (or light) that!!


Now, if only I could get inspired to bake! For we all know that is the best scent of all.

I think a snow day is in order?

**********************************

Big thanks to Danielle the Design Girl for my holiday banner make-over! I am so pleased with it! Isn't she the best?
If you're in the mood for give-aways, head on over to her blog for some great ones!

0 comments:

Post a Comment