December Countdown...


Am I the only one feeling the holidays approaching at break-neck speed? It is only two days in and my calendar is already pretty full. Today was Sophie's 9th birthday party - her real birthday is on the 3rd... tomorrow - and the entire day was about preparing, decorating, and entertaining.
All I can say is I'm glad that is over!!

Does that make me a bad mum?


On December 1st, I brought out the chocolate calendars. Like a fool and her money, I bought the kids the Lindor chocolate version. The boys had outgrown the  fake chocolate within the dollar store calendars and told me they'd rather pass on the tradition. So, rather than give it up completely, I splurged on the Lindor version. Sentimentality ruled my wallet...

Does that make me a frivolous and stupid person?


I treated the kids to some pancakes that morning and Sophie suggested I make them in Christmas shapes. Apparently, chocolate chips in their pancakes should be more visually appealing, so I did my best. Only, it's not so easy to get a pancake out of a cookie cutter without mutilating it - thus defeating the purpose.

Does that make me a bad cook?


I also packed a candy cane in their lunches, but then started worrying that Sophie might choke on it during recess, so I took hers back out of her lunch box.

Does that make me neurotically over-protective?


I did some decorating on that same day, but still feel stumped on how to decorate my mantel. I did sneak a quick snap of some of my exterior lights....in my nightgown...but bolted back inside when I heard my neighbour start his truck, knowing he had seen me in my grubby flannels.

What does that make me?

A blogger!!

And one who is long overdue for a decent post due to too many life distractions.

Though I'm not sure this qualifies as a decent post!!

**************************

Sophie and Jack say, "Happy Holidays!!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment