Tale of a Kitchen Make-Over...Part Two!

 
Remember a few weeks ago when I promised to show you photos of my sister Wendy's kitchen makeover?
Well, I drove three and a half hours for the reveal (and to be served the most elegant lunch in her new kitchen), only to realize I forgot my camera! Lucky for both of us, she has a good friend with a great camera and photography skills who snapped a few so I/we could share.


You might remember the before photo I showed you:

 
Well, here is one of the after shots:


Isn't is so fresh and pretty? My sister has an unfailing eye for putting together what the rest of us might think won't work. I always liken her style to that of an artist's; because don't they always have the most fantastic spaces? Sometimes more daring, but always edited with a knowing vision.

She and her hard-working (and handy!) husband did this make-over on a conservative budget and stretched their dollars as well as Wendy's design muscles.
It involved mostly paint, new counter-tops, HARD labour, one new appliance (an over-the-range micro-wave), and a new faucet.

And a whole LOT of style!!!

Small details can mean so much:


The new kitchen faucet is from ATG Stores.com  (which I love for its one stop shopping when doing home renovation!) for her review, and you can read about it here. She is still on the hunt for her dream sink but was happy to find that a thorough buffing to her current sink was all that was needed to make it shine again. Another savings!!!

Head on over to Wendy's blog and check out all of the other photos and details of this make-over. Be sure to say hi and check out all of her other renovations at  The House She Calls Home

******************************************* 

0 comments:

Post a Comment