Great mudrooms




Another of the crucial elements I consider before selecting a houseplan is the ever important mudroom. I have two boys, a little girl and a husband who all have difficulty with eye-hand co-ordination (this is my guess) and cannot get a coat on a hanger and onto a closet rod. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I explain the process or how important it is to me. It just doesn't happen. The house I am in now is the first house that has a well-planned, large mudroom. It is truly thrilling!

My husband, Paul, built me my much anticipated lockers. I wanted cubbies for boots, overhead baskets for ball caps, skipping ropes, etc. and enough hooks for a couple of coats each and their schoolbags. I absolutely love my mudroom and always recommend to my clients to somehow incorporate a similar set-up for their own mudroom needs. I painted the lockers in a soft sage green which does not show the inevitable dirt from their things and labelled everyone's baskets (I'm big into labels).

My sister has a great mudroom, too. She has painted hers in a bolder colour than mine and it is very welcoming and fun. I love her large closet, slate tiles and rack displaying her vintage wicker purse collection. We both love our mudrooms and the fact that they are actually working for us!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment